Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Here's a blog, just for you. I made it out of sticks and glue.

Today I went to the 'Titanic' exhibition at the ol' Museum. Tell you what, it was damn good. The exhibition has actually been really well thought out, every room conveys a different mood, it draws you in, it doesn't just feel like a museum exhibit, it's evocative, interesting, it tells a story. It somehow personalises the whole thing, engages you. Of course, it's hard to mention the 'Titanic' exhibition without also mentioning the film 'Titanic'. So there, I have now, glad I got that out of the way.
Patrick's rating: RECOMMENDED (in bold)

Hey, so I've watched a few movies lately. These include 'The Road' (bleak, depressing, but quite nicely filmed and acted), 'Get Him to the Greek' (not bad, funny in parts, quite patchy in tone and narrative though) and 'Towelhead' (Not bad, not amazing). But the one I really want to mention here is 'Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call - New Orleans'. Directed by Werner Herzog and starring Nicolas Cage, this film pretty much blew me away. It's bold, extremely unconventional and yet it sits nicely in the hard-boiled detective/noir genre. It's really funny too. I'm a huge Cage fan, I'll happily watch anything he's in and even if the film is horrible, I normally enjoy whatever Cage brings to it. In this film, Cage is given license to go absolutely batshit crazy. This = awesome.
Patrick's rating: See it! (in bold and italics)

No comments:

Post a Comment